Monday, 15 December 2008

Issue 58: Monkeybiz

The brand new Escape issue shows pics of the seaside home of ceramicist Barbara Jackson, founder of the amazing beading company Monkeybiz. I don't have any extra pics of Barbara's home to share, but thought it might be nice to share some of what Monkeybiz does.
Monkeybiz is a non-profit organisation in Cape Town, and it supports over 450 women and their families – many of whom are HIV positive. By creating beautiful, one-of-a-kind beaded art pieces, the women who work for Monkeybiz have found a sustainable way to support themselves and their families.

Visit the Monkeybiz website to find out more, take a look at their catalogue, and shop online.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! These are truly amazing. Thanks for sharing, I think I'll have to get myself one

julochka said...

oh, so exciting, i have one of their beautiful cows on my shelf! somehow i always feel validated when that happens. :-)