Wednesday, 28 January 2009

Issue 59: Painted Love

I love what the owner of this home featured in the Revamp Issue, Etienne Hanekom, has to say about watching paint dry: "I don't understand why that's code for boring. Paint transforms things, it plays with light and has so much potential".

If you have a copy of this issue, you'll see that Etienne's home on pages 100 - 107 attests to his fascination with paint, light and colour too. But our pics were so good that we used them all up, and all we have left to share with our blog readers are these few colour-bright vignettes:

To see more images of this and other amazing homes, why not take out a subscription to ELLE DECORATION SA, and get your own copy delivered to your door 6 times a year? See the left hand sidebar for details of our special, and then pop an email to us to find out more.

Production: Tracy Lynch
Photographs: Micky Hoyle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this image, I live in London and I an a fan of Elle decoration since I can remember, sometimes I get hold of the Australian title, but I have never seen yours around here!!!!
Do you know if they stock at all in London???

Anonymous said...

Where did you get those orange slippers? I don't know of anyone else except for me that have ones like that!!! People have taken a number of photos of me wearing them. Anyway, love it!!!