Monday, 28 January 2008

Sweet Dreams

With the growing concerns about home security, both here in South Africa and abroad, I couldn't resist starting my guest blog spot by featuring Matthias Megyeri's "non-threatening security products", appropriately named Sweet Dreams Security.






It struck me that softened security systems are not an uncommon sight in suburban South Africa, but our local version is a lot more utilitarian, and without Megyeri's knowing twist:

Eina Ivy conceals nasty security spikes with nice realistic plastic ivy leaves. As the website puts it, Eina provides "security products that are not only extremely effective but are also pleasing to the eye".

More from Frauke tomorrow...

1 comment:

kat said...

I think beautifully designed security gates/systems are an hugely untapped market opportunity in South Africa! I've always been loath to cover my home in ugly bars even though it's a necessity.. and I even started to design my own security door to be laser cut from steel. Unfortunately quite a costly affair for a once-off. I've spotted Tintown designs which have been quite successfully used as decorative security gates for a few Cape Town businesses.